Aeropress Manufacturer's Recipe
Every Aeropress user should try the original recipe created by Aeropress inventor Alan Adler.
You can watch a demo of this recipe on the Aeropress site here.
Watch inventor Alan Adler demonstrate his recipe and technique on YouTube here.
Original Aeropress Recipe
- Push plunger out of chamber
- Put filter in filter cap
- Twist filter cap onto chamber
- Stand chamber on sturdy mug
- Add one rounded Aeropress scope of fine drip grind coffee in chamber
- Shake to level coffee
- Heat water to 175° F / 80° C
- Add water up to "1" on chamber
- Stir for 10 seconds using stir stick
- Insert plunger and press gently, pausing when you feel resistance, until plunger reaches grounds.
Espresso style: drink as-is
American coffee: add water to make 8 oz. coffee
Latte: Add milk to make an 8 oz. latte
Cold brew: add room temperature or ice water to make 8 oz. cold brew